KDE on Windows
Speaker: Holger Schröder
This talk will perhaps be held together with Jaroslav Staniek. We will talk about the current state that will be reached by July.
we will talk about these topics:
- the past: where does this port come from, what were the intentions behind it, what was achieved in the past years
- the present: what already works right now, which programs are running fine, show some programs under windows in action, show some games
- the future: show what still does not work, give some explanations about why it is still a problem, and which parts of kde do not work because of these missing parts.
- a list of programs/modules with some status description, like it works, it doesn´t work, describe the problems it has
- give a short introduction to kde hacking on windows for kde hackers, which only have a unix background
- invite people to join us/fix some problems in the coming week
Holger Schröder is involved in the KDE project for a few years. Starting in 2002 he was involved in the Qt port to Windows and started to like the idea to have a full KDE on Windows, and so he did some work here and there. In 2005 he worked some months for basysKom GmbH, now he works as a freelancer.